Friday at 4:22 PM EST the Sun travels into the solar month of Libra.
We have reached the seventh divine solar date of the Astrological Calendar. Today marks the point in time where light meets dark and we begin our next journey into the Autumn and Winter season.
Libra is the epitome of "you reap what you sow", as it is the second member of the harvest trio - Virgo & Scorpio being the others.
- Modality: Cardinal
- Element: Air
- Ruler: Venus
- Season: Autumn
- House: 7th
- Themes: Justice, Balance, Harvest, Light meets Dark, Rewards
Creating a Libra Altar:
Libra loves a mix of colours, metals and minerals that represent both the Sun, the Moon and dreamy Venus. Think about unusual pairings like copper candlesticks with indigo tapers, or smoky quartz crystals with a mini succulent garden.
Animal and food offerings go a long way with Libra as she rules the harvest. Bones and antlers can be placed, though if you are opposed to that morally, a picture or drawing is just as good.
Apples, strawberries, grains, earthy vegetables, wild game and wine can be eaten and displayed throughout the month of Libra. Better yet, cook a meal big enough for two. Since balance is so important right now, you shouldn't just feed yourself, giving something back is essential.
If you're anything like me, scent plays a major role in your life and magickal practice. Libra loves rose, vanilla, and sweet citrus, but also light earthy scents like rosemary, sage, and soft musks.
Libra Tarot Reading:
- Remove the Sun card and the Libra card from the Arcana of Astrology and lay at the top of your reading space.
- Relax and shuffle your remaining cards (or use your Compendium of Constellations) and pull card for the following questions when ready. Layout isn't important here, put them where you feel they belong.
- What seeds did I plant the first half of the Astrological year (Aries to Libra)?
- What is my harvest reward from them?
- What should I let rest for the second half of the Astrological year (Libra to Aries)?
- What is balanced in my life?
- What still needs work?
- xo Claire